Friday, July 26, 2013

Whew... Crazy week...

Well, today I am finally, finally home after a crazy 17-18 hours.

Yesterday I went down to Asheville (takes 3-5 hours depending upon traffic and which way you go) and went to eat at The Lobster Trap and then to take in a Heart concert for the very first time at the Biltmore Estate!  First, I gotta talk about Lobster Trap.  I had a salad with a cranberry vinaigrette salad dressing and a lobster bisque but the bisque was nothing special whatsoever, and neither was my cranberry vinaigrette.

Also, pro tip: If you go to Asheville at any point around the time Bele Chere happens, just find a parking garage that is nowhere close to the main Bele Chere action and use your legs and walk, because parking anywhere near the Bele Chere area in downtown Asheville is a pain in the butt you just don't need.

I've been a huge fan of Heart for years and years, and I've seen 'em twice before, and they were a spectacular live band even the last two times I saw them.  But last night, holy cow they were on FIRE.  Started off with Barracuda, ended with their cover of Led Zeppelin's Misty Mountain Hop, and every single song in between were all absolute winners.

Plus, the concert venue could not be more picturesque.  You had the Blue Ridge Mountains in the background, and you had one side of the Biltmore Estate behind you.  It could not have been a better venue.  Getting into the parking area was a bear, but getting out was a total breeze.  Kudos to the entire Biltmore Estate team for what was quite possibly the most incredible concert I've been to in a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment