Thursday, August 22, 2013

Coming To Terms With My App Addiction (a.k.a. The Great App Purge of 2013)

What does it take for you to get to admit you have an app addiction?  Does your phone or tablet have to be horribly unresponsive for a certain length of time because it's bogged down with apps to get to a point where you finally crack and say you can't take it anymore?  Do you anticipate the release day for your mobile platform of choice because you get more apps to download?  Or is it just a sign of the times?

For me, it's none of the above.  I'm anticipating the glorious day when I get my new iPhone in a month or two and I want to clean it out so that I can figure out what I really use, what I just keep on there "just in case", and what I could do better on another device (or at the very least NOT on my iPhone).  It's going to be a long process of self-discovery and it's going to prove quite difficult, to say the very least.

However, it is becoming increasingly apparent that I will need to do this now because The Great App Purge of 2013 has already freed up 3+ GB of space I didn't have previously.  That's a big deal for me, even with a 32GB iPhone 4S.  Now, please excuse me as I go right back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment