Wednesday, August 7, 2013

5 Upcoming Movies To Watch

Okay folks, I am here to preview 5 upcoming movies I think it will be prudent to keep an eye on.

1) The new Muppets movie, Muppets Most Wanted.  The teaser trailer has gone up everywhere online, my friends at The Muppet Mindset did a full breakdown of the new teaser trailer, and I think this is a movie to watch.  I'm not thrilled by the idea that it's basically The Great Muppet Caper all over again (with Tina Fey in a similar archetype to Dame Diana Rigg), but I love the Muppets, I greatly admire the late great Jim Henson, and I'll more than likely see this one when it comes out in Spring 2014.  Plus it's got Scooter singing "Moves Like Jagger" with Muppet penguins... what could POSSIBLY go wrong?!

2) CBGB, a film based off of the storied CBGB club of the same name, has Stana Katic as Genya Revan, and some chick I don't know named Malin Akerman is playing Debbie Harry (aka the lead singer of Blondie)... I dunno, this one looks really good but I'll withhold judgment till I see it this fall.

3) Saving Mr. Banks.  The upcoming Disney movie about the behind-the-scenes goings-on during the making of Mary Poppins with Tom Hanks as Mr. Walter Elias Disney himself looks unbelievably good!  This comes out right around Christmas time, when I saw the movie Hitchcock last year (about Alfred Hitchcock and the making of his classic film Psycho).

4) Ender's Game.  Whatever you think of Orson Scott Card and his homophobic viewpoints, I think this science fiction thriller is going to be one to watch this November.

5) Thor: The Dark World.  It's Marvel.  Nuff said.  My guess is this one's gonna be another movie to watch this November.

No comments:

Post a Comment